CUSD Governing School Board
We Inspire, Innovate, and Create Limitless Opportunities to Thrive.
The Governing Board is committed to transparent operations, data driven decisions. and active and comprehensive oversight. The Administration is committed to open communications and comprehensive information.
Click here for complete bios on each member.
All Board Meetings begin at 4:00 PM and are located in the District Office Board Room at 201 Sixth Street in Coronado unless otherwise noted. Click here for a calendar of board meetings.
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2014-2015 School Year »
- 2013-2014 School Year »
- 2012-2013 School Year »
- 2011-2012 School Year »
Click the "School Board" tab to see previous meetings
Click the "Specialty" tab to see school events
- CUSD Budget for 2015-16
- Character Counts Resolution for 2015
- Financial Philosophy BP 3050
- 2015-16 District Strategic Plan
- 2015-16 District Organization Chart
- School Board Governance Handbook
Financial Facts for the Community
- March 2017 Budget Workshop
- Click here for documents that are updated frequently to keep the community aware of the ever-changing state fiscal crisis
and its effect on our school district.
- Superintendent's Financial Strategy Report to the Board
- Superintendent's State of the District Address February 2015
- Superintendent's State of the District Address January 2014
Click the link above for easy access to regulations and bylaws, pertinent laws and other resources from the Coronado Unified School District Governing Board Policy Manual. This manual is updated 3-4 times each year by the Governing Board at public meetings. It includes all local policies, the entire Education Code, Title 5, and other relevant state and federal code sections.
2016 Board Members
Maria Simon, President
Lou Smith, Vice President
Lee Pontes, Clerk
Julie Russell, Member
Esther Valdes, Member
Committee to Analyze the Student Learning Environments (CASLE) ›
Community Partners ›
CUSD Website Accessibility Notice ›
Facts About Our District ›
- Flyer Approval & Distribution ›
Governing Board ›
Our Mission & Goals ›
School Accountability Reports (SARC) ›
- Committee to Analyze the Student Learning Environments (CASLE) ›
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account