CUSD Equipment: Printers
Posted by: Jennifer Landry 2 years, 3 months ago
To maximize printing speed and handle high volume printing, CUSD uses Network-able Laser printers. While Inkjet printers are often used in homes, the speed and cost per page of a Laser printer is well suited for a work environment.
CUSD Technology Department selects standardized equipment for use throughout the district. This keeps the Total Cost of Ownership manageable in the following ways:
- Minimizes the number of software licenses installed
- Allows TRTs and Technicians to become troubleshooting experts
- Streamlines fixed asset inventory
- Saves cost on toner cartridges, maintenance, and repair parts
- Helps to expedite purchasing
Printer models are selected annually, keeping the total model variety to approximately three different options to meet the users' needs. This follows the best Total Cost of Ownership strategy as outlined above.
For more information about using Laser versus Inkjet printers, read PC World: Laser vs. Inkjet Printers: Which is BetterShare on Twitter Share on Facebook