CUSD Governing School Board
We Inspire, Innovate, and Create Limitless Opportunities to Thrive.
The Governing Board is committed to transparent operations, data driven decisions. and active and comprehensive oversight. The Administration is committed to open communications and comprehensive information.
Click here for complete bios on each member.
All Board Meetings begin at 4:00 PM and are located in the District Office Board Room at 201 Sixth Street in Coronado unless otherwise noted. Click here for a calendar of board meetings.
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2015-2016 School Year »
- 2014-2015 School Year »
- 2013-2014 School Year »
- 2012-2013 School Year »
- 2011-2012 School Year »
Click the "School Board" tab to see previous meetings
Click the "Specialty" tab to see school events
- District Budget Information
- CUSD Long Range Plan
- 2019 Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- 2019 District Organization Chart
- School Board Governance Handbook (amended January 2019)
Coronado Communiqué— Archives of past newsletters from this popular communication (link will take you away from CUSD site)
Financial Facts for the Community
- Click here for documents that are updated frequently to keep the community aware of the ever-changing state fiscal crisis
and its effect on our school district.
- Superintendent's State of the District Address January 17, 2019
- Superintendent's State of the District Address February 2018
- Superintendent's State of the District Address January 19, 2017
(link will take you away from CUSD site)
Click the link above for easy access to regulations and bylaws, pertinent laws and other resources from the Coronado Unified School District Governing Board Policy Manual. This manual is updated 3-4 times each year by the Governing Board at public meetings. It includes all local policies, the entire Education Code, Title 5, and other relevant state and federal code sections.
Julie Russell, President
Lee Pontes, Vice President
Esther Valdes, Clerk
Dr. Helen Anderson-Cruz, Member
Maria Simon, Member
Caught You Being Awesome ›
Committee to Analyze the Student Learning Environments (CASLE) ›
Community Partners ›
CUSD Website Accessibility Notice ›
- Flyer Approval & Distribution ›
Governing Board ›
Governing Board Policy Manual ›
How Will You Hear From Us? ›
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) ›
Long Range Plan ›
One School One Campus ›
Our Mission & Goals ›
Public Service Announcements ›
School Accountability Reports (SARC) ›
- Caught You Being Awesome ›
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account