CUSD Governing School Board
We Inspire, Innovate, and Create Limitless Opportunities to Thrive.
The Governing Board is committed to transparent operations, data driven decisions. and active and comprehensive oversight. The Administration is committed to open communications and comprehensive information.
Click here for complete bios on each member.
All Board Meetings begin at 4:00 PM and are located in the District Office Board Room at 201 Sixth Street in Coronado unless otherwise noted. Click here for a calendar of board meetings.
Notice of Adjourned Meeting: The August 28, 2018 Meeting has been moved to Monday, September 10, 2018.
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- 2015-2016 School Year »
- 2014-2015 School Year »
- 2013-2014 School Year »
- 2012-2013 School Year »
- 2011-2012 School Year »
Click the "School Board" tab to see previous meetings
Click the "Specialty" tab to see school events
- CUSD Budget for 2016-17
- Character Counts Resolution for 2017
- Financial Philosophy BP 3050
- 2016-17 District Strategic Plan
- 2016-17 District Organization Chart
- School Board Governance Handbook
Coronado Communiqué— Archives of past newsletters from this popular communication (link will take you away from CUSD site)
Financial Facts for the Community
- March 2017 Budget Workshop
- Click here for documents that are updated frequently to keep the community aware of the ever-changing state fiscal crisis
and its effect on our school district.
- Superintendent's Financial Strategy Report to the Board
- Superintendent's State of the District Address February 2015
- Superintendent's State of the District Address January 2014
(link will take you away from CUSD site)
Click the link above for easy access to regulations and bylaws, pertinent laws and other resources from the Coronado Unified School District Governing Board Policy Manual. This manual is updated 3-4 times each year by the Governing Board at public meetings. It includes all local policies, the entire Education Code, Title 5, and other relevant state and federal code sections.
Lee Pontes, President
Julie Russell, Vice President
Esther Valdes, Clerk
Dr. Helen Anderson-Cruz, Member
Maria Simon, Member
Caught You Being Awesome ›
ECDC Move to Village Elementary Frequently Asked Questions ›
Committee to Analyze the Student Learning Environments (CASLE) ›
Community Partners ›
CUSD Website Accessibility Notice ›
- Flyer Approval & Distribution ›
Governing Board ›
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) ›
Long Range Plan ›
Our Mission & Goals ›
Public Service Announcements ›
School Accountability Reports (SARC) ›
- Caught You Being Awesome ›
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account