CORONADO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Well • ness - noun
Definition: Physical well-being, especially when maintained or achieved through good nutrition and regular exercise.
Coronado Unified School District is dedicated to the health and well being of each and every student. We can not do it alone, and with your help we will be successful in the important development of each student's mind and body. The District plays a critical role in curbing the epidemic of childhood health issues like obesity, heart disease, and Type II diabetes which are directly associated with poor nutrition and inactivity. Please see our links below for information on healthy snacks, fundraising.
In 2004, Congress passed a law requiring every school district that uses federal dollars for school breakfast or lunch to create a local wellness policy by the start of the 2006-07 school year. The District’s local wellness policy applies to every school in the District. The policy will assist schools in improving the health of students by promoting physical activity and nutritious food.
Please see the links below for more information related to our District's Wellness Policy, meetings, and goals:
Wellness Committee Meetings
- Upcoming Meetings: January 31, March 21, May 30
- Location: District Office Board Room from 3:30-4:30pm
Wellness Committee Goal: Decrease recreational screen time through education and awareness
- Screen-Free Week 2019: April 29-May 5, 2019
- Brochure- Decrease recreational screen time
- We will have a special promotion during this week to enhance student awareness of screen time and the effetcs on the developing mind. Look for the April Newsletter for more information.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account