CA State Assessments
CUSD - California State Assessments
The CAASPP System (California Assessment for Student Performance and Progress) is the state assessment system, which replaced STAR in 2014-15. The assessments are summative assessments, however all the data is used to inform instruction based on students' strengths and needs.
There are several components to this system of tests, however for core subjects, there are two main components to it (to date) including the Smarter Balanced Assessments and California Standards Test (CST) for science. There are also other state assessments, including the California English Language Development Test (CELDT) and the Physical Fitness Test. All test data is eventually posted in DataQuest.
Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- SBAC is a consortium of 15 states of which CA is a part.
- Tested grades include: grades 3-8 and 11
- Tested subject areas include: English Language Arts and mathematics
- Letter to parents regarding Spring 2017 CAASPP results for grades 3-8 and 11 and California Science Test for grades 5, 8, and 12
- Practice Test and Training Tests
- CAASPP 2018 Parent Letter
- CAASPP FAQs
- California Department of Education Parent Resource Page/See Parents and Students Tab
- What Parents need to Know about SBAC English and Math Results
- Spring 2017 CUSD Test Results
- Spring 2016 CUSD Test Results
- Spring 2015 CUSD Baseline Test Results
- CAASPP Results Portal (State, County, District, and Schools)
Science - California Standards Test (CST)
- Though CA is transitioning to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), a new assessment based on these standards will not be ready until approximately 2017-18. Until then, federal mandates requires that CA continue to test students in science.
- Tested grades: grades 5, 8, and 10 (life science)
- CUSD students in grades 6, 7, and 8 fully transitioned to the NGSS in 2013-14. CUSD is transitioning to NGSS for grades K-5 and 9-12.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account