Sibling Care Program
*EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 2019 VILLAGE SIBLING CARE IS FULL. Please contact Coronado Child Care for inquires*
The Sibling Program is offered for Strand TK-3rd and Village 1st-3rd graders who have older siblings enrolled in the district’s schools with different release times. Sibling Care is different than After School Care as younger students MUST BE checked out by the older sibling no later than 3:00pm, except on Wednesdays which is 1:45pm. If you need care beyond 3:00 p.m., you will need to sign up for After School Care. If your child enrolled at Village Sibling Care has a sibling at Coronado Middle or High School, the pick-up time is extended to 3:10 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Sibling verification will be processed through Synergy and any falsely enrolled students will have their services immediately terminated.
Students enrolled in the program are responsible for checking themselves in each day. Due to flexibility of the program, the Child Care staff does not verify student absences. Village Sibling Care check-in will NOW occur in Village Hall. Silver Strand check-in occurs at the Child Care room. After all children are checked-in, they will be escorted to the playground and are then supervised until an older sibling or parent comes to sign-out the student. Older siblings are not allowed to play on the playground when they come to pick-up their brothers or sisters. The playground closes promptly at 3:00 p.m. Children in Sibling Care at Village that are not picked up by 3:10 p.m. will wait with staff in Village Hall.
Fees and Costs Policies:
- All students must be registered through MyProcare.
- Payment for Sibling Care must be made at time of enrollment ($200.00 full-year or $150 for entrance after winter break).
- If a child is not picked up by 3:15 (1:45 on Wed.), a $1.00 per minute late fee is applied.
- Any child remaining after 3:30 p.m. (Wednesdays after 2:00) is checked-in to after care at the cost of $25.00 per day.
- When the playground closes, the remaining Village Elementary children are escorted to Village Hall to wait for their sibling or parent. This includes all students waiting for a CMS or CHS sibling who may not get there until 3:10 p.m.
- Silver Strand students remain in the Child Care room until their sibling arrives.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account