The Sibling Program at Village and Silver Strand Elementary is offered through CUSD Child Care for the parents who have more than one child enrolled in the district’s schools with different release times. It is available daily to students in First, Second, and Third grades.
Sibling Care is different than After School Care. If you need care beyond 3:00 p.m., please sign your child up for After School Child Care.
If your child enrolled at Village Sibling Care and has a sibling at Coronado Middle School or Coronado High School, the pick-up time is extended to 3:10 p.m. Silver Strand Sibling Care will only apply to siblings of 4th and 5th grade students.
On Wednesdays, all children must be picked-up by 1:45 p.m.
Students enrolled in the program are responsible for checking themselves in each day. Due to flexibility of the program, the Child Care staff does not verify student absences. Village Sibling Care check-in will NOW occur in Village Hall. Silver Strand check-in occurs at the Child Care room. After all children are checked-in, they will be escorted to the playground and are then supervised until an older sibling or parent comes to sign-out the student. Older siblings are not allowed to play on the playground when they come to pick-up their brothers or sisters. The playground closes promptly at 3:00 p.m. Children in Sibling Care at Village that are not picked up by 3:10 p.m. will wait with staff in Village Hall.
Fees and Costs:
- All students must be registered. The fee is $200.00 for the year or $150 for entrance January through June.
- If a child is not picked up by 3:15 (1:45 on Wed.), a $1.00 per minute late fee is applied.
- Any child remaining after 3:30 p.m. (Wednesdays after 2:00) is checked-in to after care at the cost of $25.00 per day.
- When the playground closes, the remaining Village Elementary children are escorted to Village Hall to wait for their sibling or parent. This includes all students waiting for a CMS or CHS sibling who may not get there until 3:10 p.m.
- Silver Strand students remain in the Child Care room until their sibling arrives.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account