Coronado Unified School District #GoOpen
In January of 2016, the Coronado Unified School District joined a select number of districts nationwide in participating in the #GoOpen movement.
In October 2015, the U.S. Department of Education launched a campaign to encourage schools to use Open Educational Resources. The U.S. Department of Educational Technology has been gathering districts excited about the Open movement together in cohorts to share and learn from one another.
What it means to #GoOpen
School districts that #GoOpen are committing to transition to using high-quality, openly licensed educational resources in their schools. These districts will be supported by #GoOpen Ambassador districts who have already taken steps toward implementing the use of openly licensed materials at the district-level.
#GoOpen Launch Districts will:
- Identify a district #GoOpen team who will work to develop a strategy for the implementation of openly-licensed educational materials.
- Commit to replace at least one textbook with openly-licensed educational materials in the next year.
- Document and share their implementation process.
#GoOpen Ambassador Districts will:
- Mentor #GoOpen Launch Districts as they design and implement their strategy for transitioning to openly licensed educational resources.
- Share the openly licensed materials they’ve created.
Coronado Unified School District officially began the Open movement in 2010 with the development of CHS Biology digital textbooks. Click the links below for more information about CUSD's participation in #GoOpen.
- Business Services ›
Child Nutrition Services ›
Facilities, Operations & Maintenance ›
- Human Resources ›
- Learning ›
Preschool & Child Care ›
- Student Services ›
- BBMAC ›
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account