Emergencies are rarely expected, but we can be prepared if we work together. All schools have a Comprehensive Site Safety Plan. Training and frequent drills allow quick response to emergencies, whether man-made or natural, and provide a safeguard for students, staff, and visitors. Parents can feel confident that the Coronado Unified School District works closely with police, fire, and other emergency authorities to ensure the safety of your child.
In the event of an emergency, the Coronado Unified School District will share information and updates as quickly as possible. Remember:
- Stay calm. Remember; most emergency actions are precautionary.
- Monitor www.coronadousd.net, CUSD social media, and local alerts.
- Check your email, voicemail and text messages for urgent messages from the school or district.
- Please do not call or go to your child's school, unless instructed.
- Do not call your child. Staff/students are to text instead of call during emergencies.
- Please be aware that students may only be released to individuals listed on the emergency card. Identification is required to check out a student after an emergency or natural disaster.
CUSD Safety Committee
The CUSD Safety Committee is comprised of parents, teachers, classified staff and a Board Member to evaluate the safety of our schools and make recommendations to the Board as to how we can keep our students and staff safe while they are on our campuses. The Committee’s meetings are open to the public, and we welcome anyone who would like to attend and provide input.
May 9, 2018, at 6 PM
- Emergency: 911
- Coronado Police Department (non-emergency): (619) 522-7350
- Coronado Fire Department (non-emergency): (619) 522-7374
- CUSD Non-Emergency (security concerns) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit secure & anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers using the P3 App or www.p3tips.com
- Registration Information for 2018-19 ›
CUSD Student Calendar for 2018-19 ›
CUSD Account Logins and Communication ›
CUSD Attendance & Sign Out Procedures ›
Do I Need to Wear a Helmet when Riding a Bike or a Skateboard in Coronado? ›
Heat Day Guidelines ›
Homework Policy for All Schools ›
Interdistrict Transfers ›
Joint Field Use Agreement Between CUSD and City ›
Military Families ›
New to the District? ›
School Safety ›
Student Safety ›
Parents & Students
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account