CUSD State Assessments
Information about assessments that provide data to the district.
The CAASPP System (California Assessment for Student Performance and Progress) is the state assessment system, which replaced STAR in 2014-15. These assessments are summative assessments, however all the data is used to inform our instruction based on students' strengths and needs. There are several components to this system of tests, however for core subjects, there are two main components to it to date including the Smarter Balanced Assessments and California Standards Test (CST) for science. There are also other state assessments, including the California English Language Development Test (CELDT) and the Physical Fitness Test. All test data is eventually posted in DataQuest.
a) Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
- SBAC is a consortium of 22 states of which CA is a part.
- Tested grades include: grades 3-8 and 11
- Tested subject areas include: English Language Arts and mathematics
- Spring 2016 CUSD Test Results (available soon!)
- CAASPP Results Portal (State, County, District, and Schools)
b) CST for Science
- Though CA is transitioning to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), a new assessment based on these standards will not be ready until approximately 2017-18. Until then, federal mandates requires that CA continue to test students in science.
- Tested grades: grades 5, 8, and 10 (life science)
- CUSD students in grades 6, 7, and 8 fully transitioned to the NGSS in 2013-14. CUSD is transitioning to NGSS for grades K-5 and 9-12.
- CAASPP Science Information
- Transition to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Timeline for new assessment
c) Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Fitnessgram is the Physical Fitness Test that all CA schools use. The main goal of the test is to help students in starting life-long habits of regular activity.
- The test has 6 parts that show a level of fitness that offer a degree of defense against diseases related to inactivity.
- Tested grades: grades 5, 7, and 9
- Understanding the PFT
- California Department of Education Parent and Student Resource Page/See Parent and Student Tab
- 2014-15 Test results (pending)
d) California English Language Development Test (CELDT) (under construction)
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account