National Board Certification
National Board Certification in the Coronado Unified School District
Did you know if you attain National Board Certified status you will receive a stipend of $1,000 per year for the duration of your National Board Certification?
Article 19.5.3 A $1,000 stipend per year will be paid to contracted employees over a ten (10) year period or for the duration of their National Board Certification.
(Agreement between the Association of Coronado Teachers and The Coronado Unified School District).
According to the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) eligible teachers must have the following:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Have completed three full years of teaching/counseling experience
- Possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time, or, if teaching where a license is not required, have taught in schools recognized and approved to operate by the state.
There are multiple layers of support for National Board Certified candidates. Information about the following programs is available on the California Department of Education national Certification for Teachers Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/pd/ps/te/nbpts.asp.
- A federal fee subsidy program of $1,250 to offset 50 percent of the candidate fees
- District support for candidates and incentives for NBCTs
- Higher Education support (including master’s programs)
- Regional support programs
As a potential candidate teachers may also be interested in a new program called Take One, which gives teachers the option to try one component of the NBPTS program.
If you have questions, please contact Rebekah Barakos-Cartwright, Director of Human Resources @ (619) 522-8900 X1013 or via e-mail email@example.com.
Student & Parent Portal
Sign in to Coronado Unified School District’s Student Portal to check your grades and attendance, access important resources, and more!Login to your account