- Business Services
- Facilities, Operations & Maintenance
- Child Nutrition Services
- Human Resources
- Elementary Learning
- Middle School Learning
- High School Learning
- CUSD Mathematics
- CA School Dashboard
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan
- State and Local Assessments
- English Learners
- CUSD Pandemic Response: Academic Achievement
- COVID Budget Sources/Uses Summary Chart
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan - Grades
- CUSD Approved PreK-8 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- CUSD Approved 9-12 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- Department of Defense Grants
- A-G Completion Improvement Grant Plan
- California State Seal of Civic Engagement
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Educational Technology
- Digital Proficiency and Citizenship
- (SPSA) Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan (LCP)
- (LCAP) Local Control Accountability Plan
- NCUST Report
- Transitional Kindergarten Information
- (SARC) School Accountability Report Cards
- Visual and Performing Arts
- SB-359 CA Mathematics Placement Act of 2015
- What is STEAM?
- Teaching to High Potential
- Williams Complaint Form
- CASSPP Scores-Parent Access Instructions
- Elementary Report Cards-Parent Access Instructions
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Program Plan
- World Languages
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant Plan
- Preschool & Child Care
- Student Services
- AB469 FAFSA Requirements
- Assurance of Nondiscrimination
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- California Healthy Kids Survey
- Clinical Counseling
- Community Advisory Committee
- Health Services
- Section 504
- Sexual Harassment
- Special Education
- CUSD Counseling Support Resources
Important Forms & Links
Important Forms & Links
- Apply online HERE
- Click HERE to download a meal application
Online Payments-A la Carte Purchases ›
Child Nutrition Services
Click the "KUSI News" link to the left to find great information about our program and the food we serve!
The Child Nutrition Services Department at Coronado Unified School District works to surpass the standard nutrition requirements while also creating meals and an environment that is attractive to students.
In adhering to nutritional standards, we not only follow the strict guidelines set forth by the State of California, but also those stated in the Student Wellness section of the Governing Board’s by-laws. We understand that health in our students needs to be cultivated in the classroom as well as at lunchtime. Nutrition is important, but so is encouraging children to actually eat the food. After all, what good is healthy food if they refuse to eat it? We also realize that we must create a conducive and attractive food service environment. The Island Café is especially designed and constructed to create a desirable ambiance. On the whole, we seek to serve students on both a nutritional level and an enjoyment level.
Beginning in school year 2022-2023, California became the first state to implement a statewide Universal Meals Program for school children. Education Code 49501.5 requires public school districts, county offices of education, and charter schools serving students in grades TK-12 to provide two meals free of charge (breakfast and lunch) during each school day to students requesting a meal, regardless of their free or reduced-price meal eligibility.
Although meals will be free for all, the state continues to require school districts to distribute and collect free/reduced meal applications. Free/reduced-price meal applications can be downloaded from the "Important Forms and Links" to the left or by accessing the application online by clicking HERE.
Free/reduced-price meal applications allow the district to collect essential data needed in order to qualify for additional school funding intended to support academic programs for your student. Additionally, free/reduced eligibility can qualify households for things such as discounted internet services, P-EBT benefits, discounted rates on your energy bill, and more. No applications will be necessary to receive the daily meals. For more information, click HERE.
Digital School Menus: October 16th - December 8th, 2023
Starting this year, we have a NEW INTERACTIVE MENU called Meal Viewer. It's a convenient online service that allows you to view your student's daily meals online or on the MealViewer app. You can:
- View allergen information
- View nutritional information
- Favorite certain meals
- Set up profiles for you and your students
- And more...
Click HERE to be directed to Meal Viewer today!
Printable School Menus: October 16th - December 8th, 2023
Online Payments - My School Bucks
Click HERE to make payments toward your student's a la carte cafeteria account, check their balance, and view their account activity.
Contact UsCharity Campbell, MS, RD, SNS
Director, Child Nutrition Services
(619) 522-8907 x2085
Amanda Tarantino, MDA, RD, SNS
CNS Supervisor/Registered Dietitian
(619) 522-8907 x2823