- Business Services
- Facilities, Operations & Maintenance
- Child Nutrition Services
- Human Resources
- Elementary Learning
- Middle School Learning
- High School Learning
- CUSD Mathematics
- CA School Dashboard
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan
- State and Local Assessments
- English Learners
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan - Grades
- CUSD Approved K-8 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- CUSD Approved 9-12 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- Department of Defense Grants
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Educational Technology
- Digital Proficiency and Citizenship
- Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan (LCP)
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten Information
- School Accountability Report Cards (SARC)
- Visual and Performing Arts
- SB-359 CA Mathematics Placement Act of 2015
- What is STEAM?
- Teaching to High Potential
- Williams Complaint Form
- CASSPP Scores-Parent Access Instructions
- Elementary Report Cards-Parent Access Instructions
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant Plan
- Preschool & Child Care
- Student Services
- Health Services
- Special Education
- Clinical Counseling
- Section 504
- Assurance of Nondiscrimination
- California Healthy Kids Survey
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Sexual Harassment
Important Forms & Links
Important Forms & Links
Child Nutrition Services
Click the "KUSI News" link to the left to find great information about our program and the food we serve!
The Child Nutrition Services Department at Coronado Unified School District works to surpass the standard nutrition requirements while also creating meals and an environment that is attractive to students.
In adhering to nutritional standards, we not only follow the strict guidelines set forth by the State of California, but also those stated in the Student Wellness section of the Governing Board’s by-laws. We understand that health in our students needs to be cultivated in the classroom as well as at lunchtime. Nutrition is important, but so is encouraging children to actually eat the food. After all, what good is healthy food if they refuse to eat it? We also realize that we must create a conducive and attractive food service environment. The Island Café is specially designed and constructed to create a desirable ambiance. On the whole, we seek to serve students at both a nutritional level and also an enjoyment level.
Free Lunch Meals for All Enrolled Students for School Year 2021-2022
The USDA has approved UNIVERSAL FREE LUNCH MEALS for all students that are enrolled in the Coronado Unified School District for school year 2021-2022. No applications will be necessary to receive the daily lunch meals. For more information, click here.
School Menus: October 18 - December 17thCrown & Silver Strand Preschool
Free Grab and Go Breakfast Meals Weekly
- Where: Village Elementary and Silver Strand Elementary
- When: Every Tuesday, starting August 31st
- Location: Multi-Purpose Rooms at VES (H Street, with the line forming along Green Field on 7th Street) and Silver Strand Elementary
- Distribution Time: 3:00PM-4:00PM (while supplies last)
All families with children 18 and under will be able to pick up free breakfast meals via curb-side pick-up. Children are not required to be students of Coronado Unified School District. Each child will receive one bag that contains 5 days’ worth of meals for breakfast. Meals will consist of yogurt, cheese, cereal, crackers, fruit, and milk. The CNS staff will start "Grab and Go Distribution" of meal bags at 3:00PM, and will stop once all bags are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
All meals will be distributed curb-side to decrease the risk of exposure. Bags will be placed into automobile trunks-they will not be handed through the vehicle window for the protection of both our staff and vehicle occupants. Only those in cars will be served meals during this pick-up window, no walk-ups or bicycles are allowed in order to maintain social distancing protocols. If you are unable to pick-up meals by car or during the scheduled distribution time, please email Charity.Campbell@coronadousd.net on Fridays before 2:00pm and we will schedule an alternative window to pick-up a meal.
Meals may not be distributed to students. Students who are receiving meals are encouraged, but not required, to be physically present at the time of pick-up. This is free for all children, regardless of meal status - please spread the word!
Online PaymentsClick here to make payments toward your stundent's cafeteria account, check their balance, and view your account activity. (link will take you away from CUSD site)
Contact UsCharity Campbell, MS, RD, SNS
Director, Child Nutrition Services
(619) 522-8907 x2085