- Business Services
- Facilities, Operations & Maintenance
- Child Nutrition Services
- Human Resources
- Elementary Learning
- Middle School Learning
- High School Learning
- CUSD Mathematics
- CA School Dashboard
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan
- State and Local Assessments
- English Learners
- CUSD Pandemic Response: Academic Achievement
- COVID Budget Sources/Uses Summary Chart
- CUSD Distance Learning Plan - Grades
- CUSD Approved PreK-8 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- CUSD Approved 9-12 Textbooks & Instructional Materials
- Department of Defense Grants
- A-G Completion Improvement Grant Plan
- California State Seal of Civic Engagement
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Educational Technology
- Digital Proficiency and Citizenship
- (SPSA) Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Learning Continuity & Attendance Plan (LCP)
- (LCAP) Local Control Accountability Plan
- NCUST Report
- Transitional Kindergarten Information
- (SARC) School Accountability Report Cards
- Visual and Performing Arts
- SB-359 CA Mathematics Placement Act of 2015
- What is STEAM?
- Teaching to High Potential
- Williams Complaint Form
- CASSPP Scores-Parent Access Instructions
- Elementary Report Cards-Parent Access Instructions
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Program Plan
- World Languages
- Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant Plan
- Preschool & Child Care
- Student Services
- AB469 FAFSA Requirements
- Assurance of Nondiscrimination
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- California Healthy Kids Survey
- Clinical Counseling
- Community Advisory Committee
- Health Services
- Section 504
- Sexual Harassment
- Special Education
- CUSD Counseling Support Resources
Digital Proficiency and Citizenship
21st Century Learners
Information for Parents and Students
What is the Framework for 21st Century Teaching and Learning?
To help practitioners integrate skills into the teaching of core academic subjects, the Partnership has developed a unified, collective vision for learning known as the Framework for 21st Century Learning. This Framework describes the skills, knowledge and expertise students must master to succeed in work and life; it is a blend of content knowledge, specific skills, expertise and literacies.
Every 21st century skills implementation requires the development of core academic subject knowledge and understanding among all students. Those who can think critically and communicate effectively must build on a base of core academic subject knowledge.
Within the context of core knowledge instruction, students must also learn the essential skills for success in today’s world, such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration. When a school or district builds on this foundation, combining the entire Framework with the necessary support systems—standards, assessments, curriculum and instruction, professional development and learning environments—students are more engaged in the learning process and graduate better prepared to thrive in today’s global economy.
What Technology Skills do CUSD Students Learn?
Click here to see the K-5 Digital Proficiency and Citizenship Matrix.
CUSD is currently working on the Gr 6-12 Digital Proficiency and Citizenship Matrix.
What is Project Based Learning?
Do you see this in your CUSD classroom?
Project Based Learning is an instructional approach built upon authentic learning activities that engage student interest and motivation. These activities are designed to answer a question or solve a problem and generally reflect the types of learning and work people do in the everyday world outside the classroom.
You are a 21st Century Teacher
Ideas and Resources
- You require your students to use a variety of sources for their research projects...and they cite blogs, podcasts, and interviews they've conducted via Skype.
- Your students work on collaborative projects...with students in Australia.
- You give weekly class updates to parents...via your blog or website.
- Your students participate in class...by tweeting their questions and comments.
- You ask your students to study and create reports on a controversial topic...and you grade their video submissions.
Some 21st Century Resources to Get you Started